If according to our latest reports, the second slide pad is real! Here’s some information on it:
– Peripheral placed towards the right of the ABXY buttons
– Attachment has an R2 button
– This means the 3DS will have L1, R1, and R2 buttons, but not L2
– Peripheral apparently clips onto the whole 3DS (like a charger)
– Juts out 1cm at left, 2-3cm at right, 2cm at bottom, 2-3cm in thickness
Monster Hunter series supervisor Ryozo Tsujimoto, who was interviewed in Famitsu this week, said that the add-on is a “secret weapon” and will bring the same feeling of Monster Hunter Tri on Wii to the 3DS. Additionally, Tsujimoto said that the whole peripheral unit provides a good grip on the system.
So will Monster Hunter use this new peripheral, most probably yes!
Update 3: As you can see with have a picture of this second slide pad. It looks most certainly like a reality now, what are your thoughts? Happy or not?