Upcoming Final Fantasy game Theatrhythm Final Fantasy has been confirmed to be the first 3DS title which will support paid downloadable content.
The game sees it’s release in Japan on the 16th of February and Square Enix have confirmed that from release gamers will be able to download eight extra tracks for roughly £1.20. After this the idea is that a few songs will be released every two to three weeks. The tracks gamers will be able to download from day one, and what type of stages they will be used in, is as follows:
- Final Fantasy II Battle Scene 1 (Battle Stage)
- Final Fantasy IV The Final Battle (Battle Stage)
- Final Fantasy IX Fighters of the Crystal (Battle Stage)
- Final Fantasy XIII Fighting Fate (Battle Stage)
- Final Fantasy V Hikari wo Motomete (Field Stage)
- Final Fantasy VII Cosmo Canyon (Field Stage)
- Final Fantasy VIII Ride On (Field Stage)
- Final Fantasy X Someday The Dream Will End (Field Stage)
It’s an interesting title, the idea of the game is for gamers to tap on the touch screen in different places in time with the music. sadly the title is yet to be confirmed for a release outside of Japan, but hopefully in time that will change.